Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Our first Harper scare...

Well, we had our first scary moment this week with Harper. I knew there would be moments like this but I was not prepared and I guess you never can be. It happened yesterday, MiMi came in and we headed to Mesquite to have some clothes monogrammed for you. I put this really cute bow with an iron on H on it in you hair. You were in your seat watching Blues Clues when I thought I heard you cough. We were in stand still traffic on I30 so I had mom get in the back and check on you. I asked her if I needed to pull over and she said YES. So I pulled over in the side lane put my flashers on and jumped out of the car. I could see you were choking at this point so I pulled you out of your seat and started doing back thrusts. You were pink so we knew you were getting air but I could tell you were struggling. So after that wasn't helping I told mom to get in the car and try to get us off the highway. As she tried to exit off I was still trying to get you to cough it out and finally I looked in your mouth. I could see it way in the back. The H from your bow! So I finally stuck my finger in and grabbed it. OH my gosh, I have never been so terrified as I was at that moment. THANK GOD you are okay . I pray that this never happens again!! So when we got home I recorded this video of you telling your story :)

No comments:

Post a Comment