Thursday, October 4, 2012

Weekend in Houston

Last week we headed back down to the coast for two weeks. I feel like we have been traveling so much but I feel so blessed to be able to do it and we are loving the family time. We stopped in Houston as we usually do . Brad had been down at the coast so we traveled to Houston just Mimi , the girls and I and met up with PoPo and Honey to have a birthday dinner. Larry, Kelly and I all have birthday's within a few days so we had a nice dinner and exchanged  gifts. Then on Friday KK had off so Brad drove up from the coast and we all met at the Houston zoo to see the animals. That zoo turned out to be so big we could have never made it around the whole thing. We decided that we would do the children's part and then head home. That is about all the zoo these two little ones could take. It was hot and humid and believe it or not the Dallas zoo has a better children's area. It was really nice but not as interactive as the Dallas zoo. But I think it will be an awesome zoo for when the kids are little older. Harper did touch her first snake, I was shocked she actually did it. She is so brave, I still wouldn't do that.  So here are a few pictures from the day. I honestly didn't take many. Lillian was kinda cranky and I was stressed that she was to hot so the camera just did not happen.

This picture makes me laugh. Mimi rented a scooter and she zipped around the zoo in style.










Then when we got back to Pearland uncle mike helped me find a powerwheel on Craigslist for the coast. It was perfect and only cost 35$. Awesome deal and Harper loves it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment