Monday, October 22, 2012

Final POC Fun

We left again for our final trip down with daddy to the coast. We have spent almost 6 weeks total, while I have been on maternity leave down in POC. It has not been easy to travel with two young kids back and fourth for long periods of time but totally worth it for all the family fun we have had. This final trip we really packed in the fun. WOW, I am still recovering. I will say I am so proud of myself for doing all of this with a potty training toddler and a 3 month old. A CHALLENGE for sure!We headed down to POC with our usual stop in Houston. We ended up taking Harper to the Houston zoo which was fun. It was way to big for us at this age but I think Harper enjoyed getting out and playing. We originally went because we thought they had a hippo and Harper is obsessed with Hippos but we did not even see it. Then we headed down to the coast. We did two trips to the Victoria zoo which was perfect.




It is small , and the perfect size for Harper.  Then after two weeks at the Coast we headed back through Houston and met up with Uncle Mike at the Houston Space Center. It was so awesome and I look so forward to going when the girls are older. I have to say when we got there I was a little intimated by the trip. We wanted to take a tram ride and we waited 40 minutes to get on and then it was an hour and a half long. I thought surely Lillian would have a food breakdown or Harper would have an accident. But both girls did amazing and it was super fun. We visited the training facility, mission control and an space rocker( as Harper would say).








Harper is really obsessed with the moon and the stars. Every night we have to go out and see them. Maybe she will grow up to be an astronaut.  Then as the last event we drove down the next day to Pleasure Pier in Galveston, Tx. We met up with everyone( Honey, Popo, Mimi, Patty, KK, and  Uncle Mike) and spent the whole day riding rides and playing games on the pier.











 It was so fun and I actually had so much help I even rode a few rides myself. The pier is beautiful and so clean. I think everyone had such a great time. As maternity leave comes to an end I am getting a little depressed. We have had so much family time with everyone and I am going to miss seeing everyone so much. I love our family and they love our girls so much! So here are some fun pictures from our crazy , busy trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment