Thursday, October 11, 2012

Fair Day 2012




It's fair time again. I love the fair. This year Honey and Popo had been wanting to go to Canton  so they were wanting to go to the fair the same weekend. The girls and I were planning to go to Canton but I knew it would be a lot to take both girls to Canton and the fair so we opted to stay home from Canton and cook a nice dinner. So after a day of shopping they headed on to Rockwall and we all sat down and ate mommies Brushetta stuffed chicken, mash potatoes and salad. Yes all the day before the fair. Haha!! So Friday morning, opening day at the fair , I decided I had to make a quick stop at the consignment sale going on in Dallas. I woke up at the crack of dawn took Mimi and Lillian with me as Harper slept, and went to go find some deals. I think Mimi was so shocked at how excited I was to go. The morning I was in a hurry there were 2 wrecks on I30 and I actually jumped a curb and crossed a median. I guess its okay if all in the name of a good consignment sale. I ended up getting some great buys before rushing home to pick up everyone and head to breakfast. We ate Chiloso's and then made our way to the fair. It was suppose to be cool and overcast but ended up being hot. I was slightly worried because Lillian is still so little but we did great considering we had a 2 month old and a toddler. It was the first year Harper could ride all the rides and she had a blast. Somewhat timid until the first ride and then we rode everything in the children's area. She played lots of games and we even left with a life size Scooby Doo. As for food we tried: Fried Jambalaya, Fried Beer, Fried Biscuits and Gravy, Cinnamon Roll, and Frozen sweet tea. We also had some corn dogs but those are just a fair stable. We had a great time and love this time of year . I am already ready for the next fair. I am sure Harper feels the same way. 

Honey and Harper




Popo and Harper



The Duckie Game




Future Farmer of America



Feeding the Chickens






No comments:

Post a Comment