Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Uncle Mike and Aunt Kristi Visit




Last weekend we had a little surprise visit from Uncle Mike and Aunt Kristi. Last minute they decided to come visit and I was really excited. We haven't seen them since the wedding, so It was great to have a day to spend some time together. They drove up late Thursday night after work so that we could all hang out on Friday. Since I work Sat/Sun we are adjusting and finding ways to see family. Anyways, when I found out they were coming I started googling things to do in town with Harper. It was so hot outside that we had to do something inside with Harper. So I finally decided on the Children's Museum at Fairpark. So early Friday morning we headed out for some family fun. First was a stop at the best breakfast taco joint in town. YUM !! Everyone loved Chiloso :) Then we drove to Fairpark and got our tickets. The children's museum turned out to be so fun. I think we had more fun that Harper. After the museum we decided to walk over to the aquarium. It was our first time to go and we had so much fun. We all fed the stingrays and Harper touched a Rock Lobster. Well we all fed the stingrays except me. NO WAY.. They gross me out for some reason. Then we walked over to the OLD MILL INN to have lunch. After lunch we ended up driving back to Rockwall and then headed out to the park. Michael got an electric boat as a wedding gift and we took it out to play. It was actually kind of fun, although I was terrified we were going to wreck it. Last we came home and I cooked a dinner and then put Harper to bed. We all talked for a while before bedtime. I love days like this. I wish we were able to do it more often. The older I get the more I love spending time with family doing fun stuff. I worked the rest of the weekend but MiMi and Kristi took Harper shopping on Saturday and Mike and Brad played golf. I was so sad for everyone to leave Sunday but hopefully we can get together again soon. So here are a few pictures from the weekend.
















No comments:

Post a Comment