Sunday, June 19, 2011

Adventure in Cloth Diapers

We started a new adventure this week. Not sure we picked the best week to start it considering Harper has been sick and on antibiotics but so far we have handled it well. I decided to try to use cloth diapers. When Harper was a baby it never really crossed my mind . Over the past year I have heard of people using them and always wondered how I would feel about using them. So I decided this past week to go out on a limb and give it a try. Honestly I know alot of people will be shocked but I could think of a many reasons why I am trying them. First of all it saves money , which is always good. I could think of many fun things to do with the money we would save. Also it's so much better for the environment. There are many reasons but really I have no expectations for the trial. If we like it we will do it and if not we will move on. I may even do it when we are home and then use disposable on the road. So far it has been about a week and we are doing great. I only have 6 so I cannot use them full time but I am finding out that it really is not a big deal. The only thing I am finding to be difficult is getting them completely clean with a number 2.. Sorry it sounds gross but if any one out there has any ideas I would love to hear suggestions. I ordered biodegradable liners to try which I think will fix that problem but I guess we will find out soon. I will say I have ordered two other brands to trial and I can't wait to get them and see what I think. Lastly, I just wanted to say that Harper looks absolutely adorable running around the house in a cloth diaper. Something about that little hiney in a cloth diaper that makes me melt. So I promise to keep you posted for all those people who are wondering what I am going to think. So I thought I would post a picture of Harper in her FUZZY BUNZ cloth diaper. We have multiple colors but the one I had on her was blue. I probably should have put a bow on her but who says girls cant wear BLUE...

1 comment:

  1. yeah! you are going to love it. So easy. I have been using them since elliot was born. do you have a diaper sprayer? need one if not. the liners never worked for us, it was more of a waste of money because you have to put it in every single diaper. If you hang the liners outside, it helps with the staining. You will love not spending money on diapers. let me know if you have any questions.

    ReplyDelete