Friday, July 20, 2012

Lillian Mae Warren Arrives


38 weeks and Last Belly Picture!




                                                                 
  HR: 146
 Cravings: NPO
 Weight : 14 lbs
 Contractions: Just a few.




What an amazing day we celebrated Friday. I cannot believe it has now come and gone so quickly. It all started Friday morning when we headed to Dr. N's appointment. We had everything packed in the car just in case we ended up delivering which ended up being a good choice. We had an early appointment at 8:45 and when we arrived as usual my BP was really high. Dr. N came in and said he thought at this point with Lillian being 38 weeks the best thing would be to just deliver. So we headed down to Labor and Delivery to start the process. We checked in and called all the family to tell them that it was the day and I remember thinking about Harper a million times. I couldn't wait for her to get to the hospital because we left before she woke up so we wouldn't upset her leaving without her. Then it took a while to get an IV . Geez 5 sticks with an 18 gauge is no fun. But we finally got the IV and then the wait until they could take me back for the C/S. Mimi, Cici, and Harper arrived about 12 and I was able to get some sweet kisses right before they took me back to the OR at 12:30. We took our last family photo as a family of 3 and then Harper busted in to tears as Brad and I walked out. I broke down and cried the whole way to the OR and all I remember is this really sweet lady walking in and telling me that she was completely fine and not crying at all. I don't think I will ever forget her because all I could think of as I sat in the OR is how sad Harper was , so she really helped me to relax. Then at 1:10 we heard the first cry of our new sweet baby girl Lillian Mae Warren. Perfect and precious in every way. Brad jumped right up and headed over to see her and I was so relieved to hear her cry and know she was doing so well. We laugh because she literally popped out hungry and ready to eat. Brad told Dr. N " to hurry up and fix mommy up because Lillian was ready to eat". And she did every hour all night long that first night . I have to say she looks so much like Harper did when she was born but they do look a little different. She weighed 6 lbs and was 19 inches long. So just a tiny bit bigger than her sister. We are so in love and already feel like she has been a part of our lives forever. It is crazy to think we are a family of 4 now. I ask Brad all the time " Can you believe we have two kids" and we both are just floored at how blessed we are. Life is great and we feel so honored to have these two perfect little girls. Here are some pictures from that special day. I will never forget this day as I will never forget the day Harper was born.

Brad and I when we arrived to L&D.

Our last picture as a family of 3.

My sweet baby Lillian ! Mommies first glance!



My beautiful girl. Thanks to my special Nicu team who came to make sure Lillian did great!





Weight picture




Daddy finally brings her to me!


Harper was our first visitor back to meet her little sister!What an amazing moment. Harper really didn't know what to think. 


Dr. N !



First touches !


Lillian gave Harper a gift. Scooby doo stuff her favorite and a new Hippo lunch box.


First Kiss!


Our new family member




Jenn and the boys visit



Cici and Lillian


Aunt KK



                                                                          Daddies girl


                                                                      Lillian Mae Warren




Mimi and her new baby girl




We are so grateful that everything went so well and wanted to tell everyone friend and family member who has gone out of their way the last few weeks to help us Thank You . We are so blessed to have family and friends like we do and we have been so thrilled to spend this special time with everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment