Thursday, July 12, 2012

Pregnancy Troubles

Well it has been a crazy week.
I went in Monday to see Dr. N and my blood pressure was worse than last week, and my ankles were so swollen from the last two days at work that he decided it was time to keep me home. Sorry these are kinda gross but I had to remember how bad it was.


  So I came home Monday after my appt. thinking this won't be bad, take it easy and monitor home BP's and maybe play with Harper . Turns out it has been a very challenging week. I found that even at home my BP's are running high and that if I did much they were to high. I would fix lunch and then they would be so bad I would have to lay on my left side for 15 minutes to get them to come down. So I have been struggling all week to balance a stir crazy toddler , a house, and horrible blood pressure. Finally today I decided it was time to call Dr. N and go over my BP's and he immediately decided complete bedrest was for me. Thank GOD Brad was already on his way home because all the family has been in Hawaii since last Tuesday and Mimi has been between two households trying to keep things afloat. So now Im stuck in bed until Ms. Lillian makes her appearance. I am just now 37 weeks so I would love to at least keep her in one more week, but mainly I just want us both to be healthy and happy. Dr. N has given me strict instructions and I am hoping nothing happens this weekend while he is off but I have an appointment Tuesday so I promise to keep everyone posted. I have a new respect for all the moms I see in the NICU that are on bedrest for long periods of time with kids. It has been so challenging without alot of help to keep her occupied and keep myself calm. So we are praying for low blood pressures and healthy mom and baby and for a happy toddler in these crazy times. Funny how I had so much planned the last three weeks and now I am just happy if she has someone to play with so she is happy. No aquarium or Museums for us. So what do you do on bedrest , well you shop online :)! Which I have done more than enough of the last few days. You do lots of coloring!
You take lots of naps with your favorite toddler!
You play at the pool with MIMI !
And you play in the Bathtub alot!
It is amazing what you can find around the house to do . If anything changes I will post as soon as possible. But for now we are hoping to keep our scheduled dates. Which is two weeks away!!

No comments:

Post a Comment