Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Tornado Sirens



Last night was one of the scariest weather nights I have ever experienced. I love weather and in the past I would have loved crazy weather, but now with Harper it just scared me. I was worried for her safety. Thank God Brad was home. I think if I would have been alone it would have been so much worse. I cannot image what Joplin went through because this was scary enough. I can only pray for those families. Around 8:45 the tornado sirens started going off in Rockwall and we headed for the middle bathroom. I had prepared a kit under that sink because of all the weather we have been having lately. Just two days prior I had run up to Hobby Lobby and got stuck in a hail storm and had to dart under a car wash. So me, Brad, Harper and the two dogs crammed into the bathroom. It felt like forever, we were in there for around an hour while the storm passed. Harper thought it was a party. She loves the dogs and any excuse to get close to them. She flushed the toilet and climbed under the sink.. We are so blessed to be safe, and as I watch the Joplin footage I want to just cry for those people. We had another much smaller storm come through later that night so Brad and I sat up and waited for it all to pass since we put Harper back in her bed. We will continue to pray for all the people that have been affected by these storms. And thanks to everyone who was checking on us and worried. Here are a few pictures of the crazy sky before.

No comments:

Post a Comment