Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Special Weekend!




Busy Busy Busy! That's really how last week and weekend was. We started out the week with me working and Brad down at the coast so that we could be off for the weekend. I'm not use to backing my days up as much as I did last week and boy am I glad I am only working 2 days a week. I missed my girl! Then on Friday we loaded up the car and headed to Houston to have Kristi's shower on Saturday. Friday went as expected . Harper hates her car seat so she screamed most of the way and I think my blood pressure was so high when we finally arrived. We checked in to our hotel and then headed over to Grandpa Harrell's to visit. Kelly and Dad were really happy to see Harper. It had been a few months so she had changed so much. We went to dinner and played with their new puppy Lola for a few hours and then headed to the hotel to sleep. Harper actually did pretty good that night sleeping in her pack n play from about 10-7! Then early the next morning we went to the Teapot Depot to have Kristi's shower. It went really perfect , the food was awesome and the games went really good. Harper wouldn't let anyone touch her. She hasn't acted like that before but I guess it was a lot of people she had never met before and probably a little overwhelming. So she was attached to me the whole day like a little monkey baby. After the shower we headed down to Lake Jackson to Grandpa's bay house. We had family and wedding party down to cook out and relax. It was fun, Harper was able to take a boat ride on the new boat. She loved it! We also had every one's dogs down there and we all know how much Harper loves dogs. Emma was able to take a boat ride too, she traveled with us this weekend and did great too. After the party we checked into a hotel in Lake Jackson and went to bed. That night did not go as well , Harper was up every three hours and then up at 5 am. Sunday we went back to the bay house and visited for an hour or so before heading back to Rockwall. Sunday was my first Mother's Day. We spent most of the day in the car and Harper hated it but I will say that I am so blessed to have my little girl. Being a mother is a dream come true and I look at her and can't believe God has blessed me with this precious baby. She is growing up so fast and I can not wait to spend many more Mother's Days with my baby. When we got home last night Brad and Harper gave me some new James Avery Mother's earrings and I love them. I sure love my little family. On Monday morning they got up and let me sleep in and then made me breakfast since we were on the road Sunday. I sure appreciated it. So we have just a few more weeks before the wedding and Harper's first birthday. What a busy month we are about to have. So here are a few pictures from the weekend.

Harper enjoying the new puppy Lola.



Teapot depot shower









The Bay house






I hope that everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day! We are surrounded by amazing mothers and I couldn't do it all without them. Harper made her MiMi and Cici special garden stones with her foot print in them to say I LOVE YOU...Special thanks to my mother for always being there for me when I need her.

No comments:

Post a Comment