Thursday, April 21, 2011

Ducktails and Injured Paws

So we had a minor accident at the house this week. A little drama to keep us on our toes I guess. So on Tuesday Emma went to the groomer like always and spent the day at the SPA.. Not sure if she thinks it is a spa :) But anyways when she got home she wasn't acting like herself so I asked Brad if he thought she needed to go to the vet. All that night she kept us up licking and moving in bed. So the next morning she looked worse. Shaking and tail between her legs, Brad thought she just needed to rest. So after he left for work I started looking her over and figured it out. One of her nails was twisted and hanging off. OH MAN, im a nurse and I was a little grossed out. I called the vet and immediatly took her in. So now picture this , me, Harper and Emma and a random cat all sitting in the vet office. The cat was so funny . He acted like we weren't even in the room, he opened a jar of dog treats and helped himself while we waited on the vet to arrive. So long story short they had to cut it down to the toe and Emma screamed and blood went everywhere. I gasped and Harper started to cry. It was tramatizing to all of us. So she had a little bandage on her foot for a day and she looked so pitiful. Poor girl!! She is still limping and guarded but hopefully soon she will be on the mend. I guess this happened at the groomer and we will no longer be using them. Guess Ill have to find a new one. So here are a few quick pics of our gimpy little Emma..





And on another note, I wanted to post the most adorable picture. I love this little tiny thing we like to call Harper's ducktail. Now that she is actually getting some hair she has this tiny little curl on the back of her head everyday. It is so precious and I LOVE IT.. Cant wait to turn that ducktail into a pigtail. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment