Sunday, December 12, 2010

6 months








Six months old.. Apart of our lives for half a year already. Brad and I sometimes go back in time and remember the day you entered our lives and we cant believe how fast it has gone by. You are getting so independent. I'm not sure I like it :) Always on the move , grabbing and squirming. You are so curious, and so smart. We started giving you some developmental toys and you love it. You are now sitting up so great and already you are trying to crawl. We got some video of you today. You can get up on your knees and rock now so any day now I'm sure you are going to take off on me.. I'm so not prepared for this, I guess I better baby proof this house quick. You already scoot around the room backwards. Its so funny. Your favorite toy is a pink box of blocks. We keep giving you new toys and you always go back to your favorite blocks. Really I think you love the box and not the blocks. You had your 6 month shots and you weighed 15 lbs 4.5 ounces. You are up to the 45 % in weight, you love to eat.. We started you on solids this week and you aren't too sure about it quite yet. Carrots !! yummy... Your little face puckers up every time I feed you , like you are shocked it has flavor. I think next week we will try PEAS... We finally had to do cry it out to get you to sleep in your room . It was the hardest thing I have ever done and I'm pretty sure I cried more than you did. Thank God for daddy's help. He was so sad too but stayed strong for the both of us.. But overall you did great and now we put you down at 8:30 or so and you sleep until about 6:30 . Some nights you wake up since you are teething but overall we are making progress. Speaking of teeth!!! We have some little bumps and you are teething bad. Dr. B said it could come out any day now or it could still be weeks. I feel bad for you because you are so miserable . I hope we see them sooner than later. I guess the saying " All I want for Xmas is my Two front teeth" is true for us this year. You are talking like crazy. You have been saying mama for a few weeks but now you have added dada and gaga. You have started sucking your thumb recently. It started when we did cry it out. I guess its your way of soothing yourself . You love TV . I have to limit you everyday because you are IN LOVE with moose on Nick Jr. It is so funny , when he starts talking you immediately stop what you are doing and start talking baby talk to the t.v. I'm going to say this is your first ROMANCE. HaHa...We are so in love with you, this age is a blast. You laugh so hard and baby talk to us and we just melt. MiMi bought you so many xmas gift and every day this past week she gave you one early.. She cant resist you , as none of us can. Today was a really special day for us as well. We took you to church for the first time. I haven't taken you yet in fear that you would get sick . But you had your flu shot this month so I braved out and we took you . You loved the music and then fell asleep during the sermon . I hope we can continue to take you as often as possible and that you grow to know GOD in your heart. Today I felt so blessed to be your mother. I have been thanking God for you since the day you were born. Well , here are a few of my favorite pictures from the month. Erica is coming on Wednesday to take your 6 month pictures so I will post them soon.



Favorite Toy..



First try of real food.











You and Daddy watching the Cowboys play.






Getting you some Santa beard. You weren't scared at all. He just had to pry your fingers from his white beard.














Mommy and me waiting on Santa visit..













No comments:

Post a Comment