Thursday, May 31, 2012

31 weeks and Sick Harper

This week has been a rough one around the Warren household. After arriving home last week I went to work and on Sunday I got a call that Harper was running a high fever and screaming for her mommy.I ended up leaving work early and heading home to take Harper to the pediatric after hours clinic. When we got there we found out she had Strep Throat and Hand Foot Mouth . Hand Foot Mouth is a virus toddlers get but it causes ulcers . Harper only had them in her throat but I can only imagine how horrible that was with strep throat. We then had some rough nights of no sleep and only one vomit experience , thank the lord. Daddy came home late Tuesday and I was so glad to see him. I have been so exhausted all week.


 Then I had my 31 week checkup with Dr. N on  Tuesday.

Heart rate: 168
Weight : + 5
Cravings: Avocado, Steak and sweets! I know what a combination.


Everything looked good. I received my Rhogam shot and scheduled a date for my C/S. I am a little devastated on the date because it is not what I wanted at all but who knows it can change at any time so I am trying to not get to worried about it. Everything was booked but Dr. N is going to continue to check and see if we can move the date to another day. Harper had her own plan anyways so we will see how Lillian makes her debut. Lately I am feeling really exhausted. I am also having lots of pain in the right rib cage. I am also having some contractions already but they are never consistent . Thank the Lord. I am finding myself having to take it easier this time around. It is getting hot out and if I try to do much outside I can tell it affects me. I am  loving feeling her inside my belly. It is the most reassuring thing to know she is happy and healthy in there. I think it is so funny how at the time of pregnancy you feel so miserable all you want is to deliver them but as soon as they come you miss that feeling of being pregnant. We haven't done much to Lillian's room lately , I decided I did not like two decals we put up so we removed them and I replaced them with two pictures I liked more. I still need to find a rug and I am waiting on a painting made by a friend of moms and some blocks that have her name on them that a sweet friend gave me. I am finally making a list of what I need to get so over the next few weeks I can start getting the last things together. 8 weeks seems like a long time but trust me it will fly by. Harper is turning 2 this weekend so we are having her party. I am disappointed we had to cancel her friends due to the Hand Foot Mouth . It can be contagious for a while. But we still have lots of family coming and decided to keep her petting zoo . So I hope she enjoys it. I am super excited to see her excited face Saturday morning. I will post some  birthday pictures as soon as possible this weekend. Here are two pictures of my sick baby girl this week.

She is doing better everyday and we are so grateful for that .

No comments:

Post a Comment