Wednesday, November 30, 2011

ICE " Shrek"


Last weekend we decided since I had off Sunday that we would make it a special family day. Harper is so obsessed with Shrek that when I found out that the ICE exhibit was Shrek the Halls we had to go. So we decided to invite the whole family and go together. We bought the tickets for 2 pm so we got out there about 1 to walk around the Gaylord.






They have it decorated so beautifully. So ends up there was a bad wreck on 635 and our family was late. So mean while I developed a horrible stomach ache and could barely function. So we finally were able to go through and I was only able to go through about half , because I was so sick.






Harper had the best time. She was a little intimidated for a few minutes , because it was so cold and the figures were so big.








But very quickly she warmed up to the event and then went nuts . I bet we heard "Shrek , Ice " a million times. We even paid extra to meet Shrek which she loved from a distance but freaked out when up close! Haha he was kinda HUGE!! So after Ice we then headed over to Great Wolf, originally I thought this would be great since we were already out there. But due to my illness and a late start it didn't go as planned. Once finally in the room( due to messed up room keys) we headed to the pool.




But I think because it was the coldest day so far this year it was cold in there! No toasty swim experience for us, we ended up just going in the hot tub for about 30 minutes and then heading back to the room. We ended up going down to the arcade and story time and that was really really fun. The hardest part of the little family day was at night. Harper usually does great but that night we were up every 30 minutes all night. So early the next day I ended up calling the Pedi and going in to find out Harper had an ear infection. Poor baby I bet being in the 9 degree ice exhibit or going swimming was really painful. So antibiotics and a good nights rest she is back to here crazy happy self and multiple times a day I still hear "Shrek, Ice" . So I guess even though it was a hard day, in the end we were able to spend the day together and I think Harper had a great day ( minus the painful ear infection night) ;( . so here are a few pictures of my little ogre! Love her!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment