Friday, July 1, 2011

Fun Filled Friday





Friday's are always the hardest for me. I remember coming back from maternity leave and someone saying " It's okay Jennifer, it really does get better". It did get better but I have to say I almost get a little depressed on Friday's because I know that for the next two days I will barely see my girl. So my new thing is to try to make Friday's really fun. Mimi came up this week on Thursday so we all decided to get up this morning and run some errands together. First Walmart! We are having a party at work on Sunday so I needed to pick up some food to make a dessert! Mom brought Harper a mini stove top microwave toy this week and we picked up some fake food. It has this little shopping basket with tons of fake veggies and fruits in it. SO CUTE!!We then picked up some lunch and headed home to unpack groceries. After we got everything put away we loaded back up and went to the Medical store in town to see about getting Mama a wheelchair. Mama and Papa White are going on a cruise soon and we needed to pick her out a chair to help get her around the ship. So we ended up spending two hours there and Harper was running the place ragged. Once we got done there we decided to come home and I cooked a good dinner. I actually made a dessert for us tonight to try out the recipe for Sunday's party. Pretty sure everyone was happy to try it out for me. I made a Blueberry Dump Cake. Sunday I plan to substitute Peaches but the blueberries were awesome. So after we ate dinner and cleaned up we decided to let Harper play outside for a while. I had picked up this water toy at Tj Maxx last week and figured we would try it. It was clearance for 5 dollars and it was like a mini splash park. It turned out to be really cute and she liked it but only played for about 15 minutes before heading off to get into trouble . Brad pushed her around on her Trike for a while and then we headed into bath. We finally got Harper clean and she was exhausted so we fed her and rocked with her for a while. When Brad finally took her to bed I was so sad to see her go. She waved and said NITE NITE and it just about broke my heart. Funny thing is that this week on Tuesday we met Liz and Heaton at Northpark to shop and she was a little irritable so I grabbed a clearance stuffed animal in Nordstroms to keep her busy. Next thing I know she is love with the stuffed classic tiger doll. I had just told some people I work with last weekend that Harper is not attached to anything. And next thing I know , she is in love with this orange tiger. We now carry it everywhere and sleep with it at night. So after we put her in bed tonight we watched her for 20 minutes on the monitor play with her Chester.{ Chester: stuffed tiger } When I was growing up I had a cat named Chester that looked just like this stuffed animal so we decided it would be kinda cute if we were both attached to a Chester :) Glad this Chester comes with no litter box. Well I hope everyone has a great weekend and a Happy Fourth of July. Here are a few pictures of Harper playing with her new Kitchen set and Water toy.

My sweet little chef.





Harper on her trike.


Splish Splash..


No comments:

Post a Comment