Thursday, June 10, 2010

A Day To Remember!!

I am so sorry that it has taken me so long to post about the great news. Our life changed forever on June 3, 2010. I actually took a quick picture that day on the way out of the house. I wanted to document our last doctors appointment. Who wants to forget that huge belly!? The day all started the same. I had worked my last day the day before and was so excited to be done working. Emma had her grooming appointment that morning so we were up early dropping her off at the groomer and headed out to my last doctors appointment in Dallas. When we arrived at the doctors office, Dr. N was really busy, so we were going to see someone else in his practice. I had seen her before and she is so nice that I didn't mind at all seeing someone else for our last appointment. When she measured me I measured a little small, which I had been doing all along, but it was alot smaller than before. Dr. K decided just to be on the safe side she would have the ultrasound lady scan me. So we immediately went back and when she scanned me, I had no fluid. So apparently I had ruptured my membranes at some point and didn't even realize. As I think back I had been having contractions the last few days but I remember having a little extra wetness the day before at work. The doctor told me that because she was breech and really far down, her bottom blocked the passage which made me only leak a little at a time instead of a GUSH( which is what I was looking for). I felt so stupid not to have noticed, but I was so grateful that we had the appointment that day and that I didn't sit around and get an infection. So they immediately sent me down to have my C/S. It all caught me off guard because we were so planning on Monday, so once checked into L&D Brad raced home to get all the stuff packed up. We were doing cord blood and the box was at home so of course I paniced. Charles had to go rescue Emma from the groomer, just in case you were wondering, thank you Charles, and at the hospital Cheri came up so I wouldn't be alone. I called my mom and she raced from Henderson, wet from the rain to be here just in time to meet Harper. So at 1:30 I was sent back to the OR and prepared for surgery. The staff was so nice since I work there, they never asked Brad to leave. He was able to stay with me the whole time and especially throughout the Epidural, which terrified me . I was so nervous because we didn't know exactly when I had ruptured, the NICU RN in me couldn't quit worrying! But at 2:12 p.m. on June 3, 2010 we officially become parents to one beautiful healthy little girl. Harper did perfect, and was screaming the minute she was born. I was so lucky to have a great NICU team down on my delivery to make sure she did great. Thanks to everyone who was apart of our big day. We went on to recovery after spending some time together and the family was able to come in and meet our precious girl. So here are a few pictures of the delivery day.
Harper Lynne Warren
June 3, 2010 at 2:12 p.m.
5 lbs 10 oz
19 inches long
Last day of pregnancy!

Getting Ready!



In the OR










I could have never imagined loving something like we love this little girl. Life has forever changed in a good way:)
I promise to post more pics soon of our growing little princess!

No comments:

Post a Comment