Thursday, March 11, 2010

3 weeks of Medical Treatment!






Well, its week 27 ! Only 3 weeks since the last time I have updated the blog yet so much has happened. First off , about three weeks ago I was really sick. Not sure exactly what it was, maybe a virus or just pregnancy vomiting coming back , but I was so sick that I ended up going to Carenow. They quickly sent me to Baylor Hospital because my vitals pointed to being very dehydrated and my lab results were alittle funny. So thank goodness my mom happened to be visiting so she could be my buddy while sitting at Baylor for about 12 hours to get 4 bags of fluids and many tests to get my ketones out of my urine(which happens when you are really dehydrated). So everything turned out to be okay, which I was so grateful for of course. Harper looked good on the monitor and actually was making so much noise moving around in there they had trouble keeping her monitored. :) Crazy little girl!! So after recovering from that mess , I have been feeling better , I continue to struggle with some nausea at times but overall much better. Then this week, I met Amy to have a pedi and manicure and we had a great dinner at Pei Wei. As I went to leave I somehow fell of the curb and fell off my sandal. Not sure how I managed to hurt my ankle so bad , but it immediately had significant swelling and major pain. So I headed back to Carenow,(which I am now a VIP member of) and had some X-rays done just to make sure I didn't break anything in the foot. It turns out I just sprained it really bad, but when I say Bad , I MEAN BAD.. My foot was huge and so sore I could barely walk. Again mom jumped in the car and drove to Dallas again to help out, so glad I have such and Awesome mom!!! Brad has been really busy at work trying to finish a house in Port O Conner so he has been out of town more than normal. Poor guy, he has felt so horrible not being present in all my DRAMA.. So now I'm hanging out in bed, ended up having to take a week off work , and going to see the OB today just so he can check up on Harper since her mother is a total CLUTS. So really we are doing good, just had an interesting few weeks. On a great note, my dad and Kelly sent Brad and I are Glider and Raquel sent us our bath stuff and we LOVE IT all. Brad already put everything together and I'm looking forward to rocking my sweet girl. So here are some pictures of the NASTY looking foot and new baby stuff. Ill keep everyone posted on the appointment and the 28 week belly shot as well. THANKS to my mom for all her help recently and THANKS to the gifts we are receiving, we are so lucky!

3 comments:

  1. At least your toes look fabulous lady! :) Good times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Being a mommy is the best. Get ready to spend some money. ha! So good to hear from you. Would love to try to get together for lunch or something. Is your email still the same? Sorry to hear about your poor ankle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl, good to hear from you and thanks on the congrats. I am getting so excited and yes spending lots of money... My email is the same but at GMAIL.com. We should get together. Glad you guys are doing so well..

    ReplyDelete