Friday, August 19, 2011

Emma Lynne Warren

Emma Lynne, we LOVE you... It's been a hard day today. I worked yesterday and right before I left work I recieved a call from Mom to tell me something was wrong with Emma. I rushed home and ended up taking Emma to the emergency vet. When I got home she was having trouble using her back legs. During the day mom said she never heard her make a noise in pain or anything . The only thing she could have jumped off of was the couch . So after sitting at the emergency vet for two hours. The vet told me that she could have one of two things wrong. FCE or herniated disc. The vet seemed very stressed and had given Emma a morphine shot. She said she would recommend an MRI which after hours would cost us over 1,000 dollars and then if bad enough, surgery that was over 2,600 on top of the MRI. I immediatly started to cry in panic of Emma's health and the fact that who can walk into a place like that and drop that much money. I was devestated . I called Brad and we decided to bring her home on the medications, and take her to our vet the next morning. So it was such a worried filled night and alot of praying. This morning I made the first appointment to see our vet. He took one glance and said he was going to start her on steriods and that I needed to crate emma for complete rest for 4-7 days.He said he couldn't tell if it was a slipped disc or FCE without an MRI but that with the way she was looking if we did everything he said to do and she didnt take a turn for the worse , we would have a good chance of recovery. So I brought her home and we have been following all of the rules and everyday we see a little improvement. We continue to pray for a full recovery but we are just so thankful that things are looking better everyday. We follow up in one week so I promise to keep everyone posted on Emma's condition. But for now one of my favorite pictures from this week . Harper loves Emma and I think Emma loves her too. WE LOVE YOU EMMA... Get well soon..



No comments:

Post a Comment