Monday, March 21, 2011

Case of the Mondays...


It is Monday and it has been an interesting day to say the least. We got up this morning and got ready. Deanna and Kymber came over and we went downtown to go the new baby store in town. We very quickly discovered it was closed on Mondays but not before we unloaded two babies and all the stuff that goes with that. So then we loaded back up and headed to Kid to Kid . Found a few things , nothing impressive except a really cute hair clip for Harper to wear for Easter. We then proceeded to eat at Chiloso for lunch and Brad met us and we consumed way to much food. Harper was really lethargic all day . Sleeping in Brads arms at lunch and I kept saying " Do you think she is okay". Its just unlike Harper to nap that good. I told Brad she has been really clingy too. So then after lunch we headed to Cosco. I had been wanting a membership for a while and Deanna needed to buy stuff for Kymbers birthday Saturday. So we went and signed up for memberships and started shopping. Harper was clingy and fell asleep in my arms again and I started to get really worried. By the end of the shopping trip I was so concerned I called the Pediatrician and made an appointment. I told Deanna I thought she was running a fever. And as soon as I got home I checked it , and it was 102 . I completely lost it.... First baby and first illness! I called Brad hysterical and he came home and took us to the doctor. So long story short , her throat was really red, so they ran a strep test and POSITIVE.. I was devastated. I try so hard to keep her well, and I know its going to happen, but I just felt like a terrible mother to not take her in sooner. Its hard because you keep thinking its the teething or something they ate. So now we are on 10days of antibiotics and taking lots of Tylenol to keep the fever down. I pray Harper feels better soon because we hate seeing her sick. Breaks our HEARTS.

No comments:

Post a Comment