Thursday, August 19, 2010

30 Rocks

I know its been a while since I have had the chance to blog. We have been so busy every time I think I may have the time to sit down and blog , Harper cries or the laundry dings finished or its time for supper. So bare with me , I promise to keep everyone updated.

So recently Brad celebrated his 30Th birthday . It came at a challenging time since we had just had a baby so I did my I could to make it special. We had a 30 ROCKS PARTY and family and close friends came to celebrate. We brought out Brad's favorite, Rock Band, and had food and cake. I ordered this cake from Brendal's Cake Factory in Rowlett and it turned out amazing, and delicious too. It was a snare drum cake perfect for the occasion since Brad got all new cymbal's for his birthday along with everything drum related. It was alot of fun but a very interesting weekend. I found out that it is harder to do things socially with a newborn. Harper ended up doing great I must say , It took me about an hour to get her down and then she slept until we got everything cleaned up and headed home. She even looked adorable all dressed up for her daddy's 30Th birthday. Cheri made a 30Th birthday video and it turned out amazing with pictures of Brad and his friends growing up and pictures of our past and then of course the birth of our baby girl. I can't lie I had to hold back tears so I didn't look crazy in front of all of our friends. LIFE is just so good these days , I guess it is emotional. We also had some other great news that weekend. Michael had asked me to help him surprise Kristi, his girlfriend, with an ENGAGEMENT ring!! So we acted like we wanted to take family pictures at the arboretum and then showed up late so he could propose. It was romantic and sweet and now I'm starting to feel so old , my little brother is growing up to be a man. We did get some fun family pictures right before we all melted from which turned out to be the hottest day of the summer so far. SO CONGRATS Kristi and Michael and we look forward to celebrating your marriage together. We love you !! So here are a few pictures from that weekend. Enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment