Monday, December 7, 2009

"ICE" in Grapevine,Tx



Ice: 12-7-2009

Today we decided to get up and drive to Grapevine to the Gaylord Hotel and go to the ice exhibit. So mom, brad and I had breakfast and drove out there in the nasty cold weather ! The exhibit it only 9 degrees in tempeture but they give you special coats to wear. I wish we would have thought about it because the only thing we were missing were GLOVES... I researched and it takes about one month to complete the exhibit but with 40 men from China working in 12 hour rotating shifts and two million pounds of ice. Wow , what a job if you ask me. It take one ice factory three weeks to make and ship all the ice to the exhibit . The only thing I wish I would have asked , is what happens to all the ice after the exhibits over? Maybe we will go again next year and I can ask. So if you have a chance to take your family , you should go. Kids would love this. The whole time I was thinking hopefully soon , Brad and I will have our first child to be able to take to these fun things. The whole exhibit is based around Dr. Seuss"How the Grinch Stole Christmas".
Mom and I before we went in to the exhibit.


Mom



Brad at the entrance of Who-ville

No comments:

Post a Comment